The Club first opened in 1957 as the National Coursing Bowling & Social Club before changing its name to Canterbury Bankstown Tennis & Bowls Club.
In December 2016, the Club received approval from Liquor and Gaming NSW to amalgamate with the Canterbury Group and underwent an extensive $3 million, six-month renovation. As part of the works, the tennis and bowling facilities were upgraded, a new external extension built and the parking area resurfaced, internal areas were reconfigured and refurbished and the clubhouse received a brand new paint job. As part of the upgrade, the Club was also renamed Moxon Sports Club as a tribute to its location on 61 Moxon Road.
Today Moxon Sports Club acts as a community meeting point for sporting groups such as the local lawn bowling team, pigeon club and junior tennis stars.